Wholemeal style, gluten free, low GI* bread.
FROM MR FEEDinc.
Lisa may have been slightly overenthusiastic in describing it as perfected - it's still a work in progress and the successful rising needs to be repeated a few times. Here's the current recipe:
This recipe is simple and gluten free for our GF FEEDies. A delicious hot as a Sunday breakfast option or as a cold lunchbox snack. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED
145 g milk (any low fat type)
50 g buckwheat flour
50 g ground almond meal
20 g ground flaxseed (linseed)
10 g sunflower seed
10 g pumpkin seed
half teaspoon bicarb soda (baking soda)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
WHAT TO DO
1. Mix milk, buckwheat flour, almond meal, flaxseed, baking soda and vinegar to form a batter
2. Add pancake batter in dollops of 2 TBS to hot pan
3. Sprinkle with pumpkin/sunflower seeds
4. Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes until lightly browned
5. Turn pancake over and leave until cooked through
6. Fresh fruit, honey, ricotta etc can be eating with the pancakes