LISA DONALDSON APD- Founder of FEEDinc. 2010
Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Nutritionist, Sports Dietitian, Educator & DAA Media Spokesperson
My food philosophy is quite simple. I believe in eating close to nature, but that doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the occasional treat. It's about 'making a date' with the decadent and never feeling guilty about food. Food is as much about pleasure as it is about nutrition.
I believe in supporting our farmers, small business and growing food in my own garden... but, I also shop at the local supermarket. It's not about feeling righteous for shopping at the farmers market or feeling guilty for shopping at Woolies. It's about doing the best that we can with the resources we have, in the time we can spare.
I believe that many of us do not have adequate skills in the kitchen. That many of us know what is healthy to eat, but often we don't know how to prepare a healthy meal. I say, get in the kitchen, play around with recipes and maybe attend a cooking class. Everyone has to start somewhere...
I believe that we all have different needs, requirements, likes and dislikes. That there is no single 'right' way for all of us to eat. With a balanced, sensible approach to food, with organisation and prioritisation, I believe we can all be healthy and satisfied without deprivation or displeasure. After all... food is life! Lisa Xx
"Make life happen..."
- Lead Dietitian for Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation & Voome
- Face of Voome Low FODMAP
- Private Practice Dietitian and Founder of FEEDinc.
- ACT Dietitians Association Spokesperson
- Sporting Excellence Recipe Developer & Dietitian for Michelle Bridges
- Fresh Tastes Provider - Food Detective and Lunchbox Seminars
- Nutrition Lecturer at the Australian Defence Force Academy
- University of Canberra Sessional Tutor
- University of Canberra Dietitian in Residence
- Canberra Institute of Technology Health Sciences Teacher
- Presenter for Nutrition Australia
- Dietitian and Assistant to Channel 9 Nutritionist, Dr Joanna McMillan
- Group Fitness Instructor
- School Teacher; ACT Dept of Education
"Ever since I can remember, fresh produce has been a huge part of my life. My parents were hard working greengrocers in a small country town. I was their youngest, often found hiding in the cool room eating all the apricots.
I grew up wanting to teach people. So at 18, I moved away to become a school teacher. I loved being a teacher.
In 2004 my life changed. I got diagnosed with a number of health conditions that required me to change the way I ate. I was confused but I knew to fully understand, I needed to learn. So I ventured back to university to study once more.
Today, I am a teacher... a teacher of health, nourishment and wellness.
I have always believed that to be the best you can be, you need to learn from the best. So I have surrounded myself with the most influential and healthy people in Australia, so that I can continue to learn and grow".
Masters of Nutrition and Dietetics (University of Canberra)
Bachelor of Education (University of Canberra)
Sports Dietetics (AIS)
Certificate 3 in Group Fitness (Fitness Institute of Australia)
Accredited Practising Dietitian