2 x 400g cans of borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
2 medium carrots
1 medium brown onion
1 celery stalk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
3 handfuls baby spinach
1.5 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste
Feta cheese as garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Roughly dice the onion, celery and carrot and sauté in olive oil.
- Once softened, add in the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato, borlotti beans and canned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cover with enough water to enable all ingredients to be well covered and bring to a simmer and cook for around 1 hour.
- Remover from heat and blend soup using a stick blender.
- Toss in the baby spinach, stirring through until welted. If desired, sprinkle a little feta cheese as a garnish.
#image by recipehubs.com