- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBS tahini paste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 1 beetroot
- ½ capsicum
- Extra virgin olive oil
WHAT YOU DO:
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Dice the beetroot (leave the skin on) and slice the capsicum into small pieces (2cm x 2cm).
- On one side of the baking tray place the diced beetroot and on the other side, spread out capsicum. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and roast in the oven for around 20 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft).
- Using a food processor or stick blender, blend together the chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, water and salt until creamy.
- Evenly distribute the hummus among 3 mixing bowls.
- Once the beetroot and capsicum are cooked, blend each separately, before stirring the beetroot through one of the hummus bowl, and then doing the same with the capsicum.
Jenelle Croatto APD