While whole-wheat flour has been used, a gluten free alternative will work just fine if you are so inclined.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 ¾ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
2 TBS psyllium husk
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 TBS honey
¼ cup traditional rolled oats
1 TSP baking powder
1 ¼ cups low fat Greek-style yoghurt
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cup berries (any) – fresh or frozen
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cups.
- Combine all wet ingredients (eggs, yoghurt, honey, lemon zest and oil) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, psyllium husk, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a small well in the centre and mix through the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Gently fold through the berries and divide the batter among the paper cups.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.