- 1 cup of uncooked pearl barley
- 1 TBS chicken stock powder
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 onion
- Handful of mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed and crushed with the side of your knife
- Extra virgin olive oil
WHAT YOU DO
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the vegetables and evenly spread on the baking tray. Sprinkle over a little salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- While the vegetables are cooking bring around 3 cups of water to the boil in a medium sized pot. Sprinkle in the chicken stock powder and add the barley. Cook for around 30-40 minutes or until the grains become soft and tender. Drain any excess liquid.
- Once the vegetables and barley have cooked, toss them into a large mixing bowl to combine. This salad is equally delicious whether its served warm or cold.
Jenelle Croatto APD